Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

What I have being doing in my wannaga this week

This week I have been learning about Matariki the nine stars I got to choose which one I could do this week I have chosen what does Matariki mean and why do we celebrate the maori new year at this time.I been doing monster holiday we got sheet with and moster on it we had to draw what we did in the holiday you could draw or write and etc. 



What does Matariki mean?The two meanings of matariki both refer to stars mata arkil (eyes of god) and mata riki (little eyes)



Matariki and why do we celebrate the Maori New Year at this time of year?


Matariki signals the maori new year. It is time for renewal and celebration in New Zealand that begins with the rising of the matariki star cluster.







Image result for why do we celebrate the Maori New Year at this time of year


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about